About Chamberlain ♦ McHaney
Chamberlain ♦ McHaney is the premier civil litigation firm in Central Texas with offices in Austin and San Antonio. We have prosecuted and defended multi-million dollar cases with success in numerous venues throughout the state. Our firm is listed in Best's Directory of Attorneys and is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell (Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers).
TALENTED, SKILLED, PREPARED ATTORNEYS
Our attorneys have been recognized by their peers throughout the state. They currently serve or have served as:
- President, Texas Chapters of American Board of Trial Advocates
- President of the Austin Bar Association
- President of the Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Treasurer, Texas Chapters of American Board of Trial Advocates
- Treasurer, Austin Chapter of American Board of Trial Advocates
- Chair, Austin Bar Legislative Committee
- Co-Chair, TEX-ABOTA Legislative Committee
- President of the Austin Young Lawyers' Association
- National Director, DRI
- Treasurer of the Austin Bar Association
- Director, Austin Bar Foundation
- Directors of the Austin Bar Association and the Austin Young Lawyers' Association
- Nominating Chair and Life Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Elected Membership to Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, International Association of Defense Counsel and Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
We represent clients, including Fortune 500 companies and major insurers, in all major areas of litigation. In particular, we represent manufacturers and retailers in cases involving product liability and negligence; oil and gas litigation; environmental pollution litigation; health care providers in medical malpractice claims; public and private employers in disputes in employment litigation, including class actions and cases involving Title VII, Section 1983, the ADEA and the ADA; public and private land owners and occupiers and general and subcontractors in premises liability and construction site accident cases; trucking and transportation litigation; state administrative law claims; professionals in malpractice cases; and we represent individuals, business corporations and partnerships in disputes involving contract claims and business torts.
IDEAL SIZE FOR A LITIGATION PRACTICE
With a balance of partners and associates, we can staff each case according to its needs. Clients always have ready access to attorneys and legal assistants. Cases are handled through a task-based approach, in coordination with the client. We handle only litigation. There is no real estate or other transactional practice section to support and no high overhead. Our time is spent litigating commercial, tort and insurance cases. Our concentration on these areas makes us experienced, efficient and effective.
EXTENSIVE COLLECTIVE EXPERIENCE
Chamberlain ♦ McHaney has successfully adapted to changes in the legal environment and the relationships between clients and counsel. At the same time, we have maintained long term relationships with valued clients who demonstrate continued confidence in our counsel.